Dave Grumble

20060721

Waiting on the van man

Stuck at work waiting for the boss to come back with the van (my van) so I can go home
So i'm going to pass the time rambling here on my blog. Intresting discussion with the frogster earlier http://sinisilma.blogspot.com/ about my whole Israely thing based on that discussion I have drawn a conclusion.

In general (ye gotta love those generalisations) we find it easier to argue about other peoples take on a subject than to express and defend our own. We know what their saying isnt right but we're not sure what is.

Wahay the boss is back so I'm off

2 Comments:

  • Wahey! Doesn't say much for me, does it? :P I think you're right, especially when it comes to a topic so thorny. But the mechanics of argument (or, if you're lucky, discussion) fascinate me. I think I tend to automatically want to take up a contrary position when anyone says anything, just to test their statements and kick them around, see if they stay together. I'm a contrary bastard. i do believe it drives certain of my friends up the walls, on occasion :o)

    By Blogger Sinisilma, at 7:28 p.m.  

  • Or - we like to hold up a mirror to our friends so they can better reflect on their own opinions as well as expressing our own opinions. Making our comments here for the good of you and not for our own ranting (I have my own soapbox thank you *grin* where I don't post enough by far!)

    By Anonymous Salubri, at 6:56 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home