Dave Grumble

20060721

Learnin stuff

Well I've spent the last week educating meself. after following the news coverage on the recent carry on in Israel I decided I didnt know enough to make up my mind on what I thought about the whole thing. So in an effort to use this internet thing properly I decided to try and gain a basic understanding of the Arab Israely conflict. After many false starts and many heavily Biased articles I hit on this page http://www.mideastweb.org/briefhistory.htm#Recent%20Events Which gives as near as I can tell a fairly balanced view on the whole shabang.

Anyway I cant say I side with either Arab or Israely in the current situation the Arab side seems intent on baiting the Israely (is that how you spell israely?) into aggresive retaleation so they can say hey look at the israel how brutal are they? but the Israely side seems to continually play into their hands and in the meantime the normal everyday civillians are getting butchered. I know that this isnt even scratching the surface of the whole thing and I may have opened a whole can of worms just by mentioning it but I wouldnt mind finding out what you out there think so please let me know what your take on this whole thing is.

7 Comments:

  • Worms, worms, arg! I feel like shouting at you, but I don't know what I'm talking about either.

    By Blogger Sinisilma, at 2:50 p.m.  

  • *sobs*
    It's all a pile of steaming dog-kak over there. Messed up siuation all over. *IMHO* There is no right and wrong side except:
    a) The people who are killing innocent people are wrong
    b) The people who decided that just because they had conquered a region on another continent they could "create" a whole new country were wrong.
    c) The people who are still selling arms to the killers of innocents are wrong even though they now say "well, the deal was done before this all started so we can't very well not sell them the weapons now can we..." They are especially wrong because they say "... there was a war gonna happen there anyway". (Quotes from news last night and we're talking about the official line of a superpower here not some small time gun-runners).

    I just know that killing people from another country isn't the way to make terrorists stop killing your people UNLESS you are willing to take it all the way and wipe them out (not condoning that of course) but the Israeli government has a precedent set by a superpower (Hmmm that superpower again... Wonder how much trouble they can cause in the end..?)

    By Anonymous Salubri, at 10:38 a.m.  

  • To clarify point B (*sigh* just for the pedants like me out there) when I say '"create" a whole new country' please read "reshape the territorial boundaries in a region historically fraught with territorial issues to rehome a people who had a historical claim (valid or not) to territories in the region".

    What I said first was easier. :-P

    By Anonymous Salubri, at 10:42 a.m.  

  • rehome isn't a word idiot

    By Blogger RoryOK, at 12:23 p.m.  

  • Actually to rehome is a technical term for relocating (or grafting to use the old DOS term) a folder in Windows. See how the daily grind influences how we communicate...

    I felt it was an apt usage for the techie jargon which illustrated my point in a perfectly understandable way.

    Thank you for your input.

    By Anonymous Salubri, at 6:51 p.m.  

  • Well thanks for that stmulating contribution, rory!

    By Blogger Sinisilma, at 9:40 p.m.  

  • well I was going to delete rory's comment but now that ye have chastised him sufficiently I'll leave it up

    By Blogger Dave, at 2:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home